Thursday, October 2, 2008

Good Breeder

So sometimes there are funny conversations. A little background information.

We got a call from a little modeling place about Allori and it kind of caught me by surprise. She is awfully shy and super cute. lol. So I took her to the seminar where they would have her do a little audition and of course they "called her" so then we had a decision to make. Basically they wanted her to be in their classes to learn to act and model, etc. I don't know anything about any of that. It's a reputable company, that's about all I know. (John Robert Powers) I liked them better because not only did a couple of people ask if I was auditioning, but then the director asked if I had been "doing some work?" Upon answering no, she studied my face further and looking stunned and sounding the same way asked, "Why not?" I will forever love the woman. Or at least for the month, until I forget.

True, I put make up on and got myself together a bit. Anyway you shake it, My week was made better. Compliments like those came around in college, but not so much in married life...and this from an obviously straight woman-it wasn't even weird. (lol)

But as some of you know from older posts, Allori does what she wants when she is in lessons. She has done both swim lessons and dance lessons (dance lessons two separate times now) and none of them have gone spectacularly well. She is shy. There is just no getting around it. The classes are quite expensive and I am certain that even though she was offered a partial scholarship, that this isn't the right time for her to do it. These decisions are hard to make. Most people don't decide until later what industry they go into and I just hope hope hope this is the right decision for her. We can always call and take her later. They loved her, even with her shyness.

Anyway, the director just called me and I told her we were going to hold off for a while and she said, "Well, have more babies! She is so beautiful! That's my only regret....I breed so well and I only had 2 babies." hahahaha. It was too funny. Breed well. It didn't sound bad when she said it, just kind of eccentric-sounding.

I like eccentric. I used to be eccentric. Maybe I should be more eccentric. I am happy when I am eccentric.

The director is or was an actress. She just started working for the modeling agency. She just finished a movie with Val Kilmer and mostly was a stunt lady. That's kinda fun, right?

What is or was your dream job that you knew you would never really do but you drempt (sp?) of anyway? (please post)

3 comments:

KCordell said...

I always thought I was gonna be a powerful business woman. I just pictured myself storming through the hallways of some big corporation bringing spunk, energy, but most importantly morals to corporate America. But I always really knew I was gonna be a mom and make the difference here.

Michelle said...

Posted on my blog!

She would be a great little model!

Trisha said...

By the way, I was going to be a Pediatrician from the time I was small all the way until at least mid-high school. My old friend Jeremiah (where is he now?) was going to be my Medical assistant. I tried to talk him into being a partner, but he wasn't interested, he wanted to be an MA. That was our plan. Then we were separated. He had to go live with his dad and I think our dreams were shot with that. Then I think I was going to go into Journalism or marketing, something along those lines but definitely business woman-y. Then I studied Graphic Design. Art? I don't know, ok. Who would have thought?