Friday, October 3, 2008

Blast!

Today is Wayne's birthday and earlier in the week we went to shop for his gifts. We decided to get him new church clothes. I think most of his are all from his mission. I have replaced all of his regular clothes but his church clothes are suffering. He does have some nice ties though. Anyway, we went to Kohl's cause its not attached tot he mall and I tend to avoid malls at nearly all costs. (If you read between the lines, this means I don't love shopping, I am not a window shopper, I go, I get what I need and I am done.)

Well today I took the lovely pants and shirt out to wrap them (we also got him a lovely treat to go with it and add a bit of fun-it seemed kind of dull-A HUGE chocolate covered apple.) Anyway, to my utter horror I have the wrong size pants! AHHHHH! Well, they will fit him around the waist but will be abotu 4 inches to short. Think he will notice?

Dang. Now a second trip to Kohl's is a necessity. Blast!

I don't think I have it in me to go today so I will give him the midget pants (lol) and return them next week. *sigh*

At least I got him good cheesecake and he will like his stroganoff. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

our hubbies have the same birthday :)

Michelle said...

ROFL! Happy Birthday Wayne!

Your shopping story reminds me of a shopping trip we took just after Sean was born. You invited me to shop in the junction, and I was excited, because I needed to get out of the house, and I love window shopping! I was excited to spend a leisurely shopping trip with my dear friend. It was not to be, as said dear friend seemed annoyed that cute baby needed to eat so darn much and friend wanted to take her sweet time! I was so sad, I was sure it meant we would grow apart because I was a mother and all those articles say it is hard to remain friends with the old crowd once you are a mama. LOL, I am so relieved that is not how it turned out. Must have just been those post baby hormones! :-) I miss you friend!

Trisha said...

I would not have given you up over Seany. I love that Child, don't you know? I saw him birthed. LOL. But I know what you mean though. Our lives were different for a while. We are soul sisters. There is something to be said for kindred spirits like us. :)