Wednesday, October 22, 2008

More Stubborn....

I don't need any more stubborn from Allori but that's just too darn bad because she has plenty to offer. So at her Doctor's appointment they asked right in the beginning for her to pee in a cup. I had a hunch it wouldn't go well so I took her into the bathroom and with expectation in my voice asked her to please pee in the cup. Well it was unfortunate that this was at the beginning of the Doctor's visit because my stubborn little daughter-well it pissed her right off. I didn't force her, I simply asked her a few times and tried to talk her into it-but finally just came out and told the nurse I didn't know how to make her pee in the cup. Only it was too late-she was already mad. So the rest of the visit was a total nightmare. No she wouldn't look in the vision screening machine, and not only no but H*** no she wasn't taking her clothes off. Well she had to take her clothes off because she was getting 2 shots. So I put her on the table and took her shirt off without her permission. She screamed like I was molesting her. That wasn't embarrassing. I gave up at the pants. The Dr. came in and he was actually able to make her smile, he's much more patient than I am. But as he left he said she did need the pants to come off for her shots and as he left the room he said to the nurse is a pleasant but understanding tone with a hint of sarcasm-the man knows children, "Dawn, YOU try to get her pants off." Ha! He did say it in a way that I knew he was not judging or blaming but simply understood a stubborn child. Well when the nurse came in I had to remove the pants. all the while she is screaming at the top of her lungs. You know the one-the ear piercing lungs that go into overdrive when one is not getting her way. She is VERY loud. This is a conundrum to me considering her state of shyness. Ok, finally the end of the visit was near and we received a pee cup to take home (yeah that ought to fun) and instructions to do a "scotch tape" test on her rump and a blood test at the lab. The universe is against me.

I hate being embarrassed. I mean I know everyone does but it makes me sick to my stomach. I hate it. Just about worse than anything. And we left the office with a mortified mother and pissed off daughter.

So, Monday, six days after the said doctor's incident, I took her for her blood test. I needed a few days to recover. She screamed but actually did alright. She was apparently proud of herself, "Mom, didn't I do good? I screamed and screamed but I didn't kick my feet like at the doctor's." Yes thank you for that. Ok, one of three tests done.

For the scotch tape test I had to wait til she woke up crying in the night and lucky me last night was the night. This is horrifying in itself. The whole idea, but we need to figure out what is wrong. She screamed like a banshee and I had to wake Wayne up to help hold her. She felt like she was being molested. Who can blame her? That's done but we have to do a second tape test tomorrow morning. I am really looking forward to it.

Lastly the pee in the cup test. At the blood test I asked for the little hat thing that you place in the toilet and all she has to do is pee normally and I can pour it into the cup. Easy enough right? No, because she is stubborn as a pissed off mule. She holds it until I am not paying attention then takes the "hat" out of the toilet, pees and replaces it. *sigh*

Tomorrow I am going to have to get serious. I guess I will have to take something away...treats, her shows...whatever. She's got to pee in that darn cup. I hate pee today and I hate cups. Again, I have no idea where she gets her stubborn streak from. :)

No comments: