Friday, August 29, 2008

Secrets and other conditions.....

Ok. Did you know I am a terrible secret keeper? Truly. I hide it well. In the olden days I was even known as a fantastic secret keeper but it was all a ruse. Sometimes I play a good secret keeper on tv but really I have to wear knee pads to stay safe and occasionally I use a stunt double. Her chin is slightly more single and boobs are less ski slope-ish. (A seamstress seriously told me I had ski slope boobs when she was altering my dress for Tawni's wedding. She said it very sweetly yet very matter fact-ly. I have often wondered how many other woman are plagued with this slope-y condition. A good bra and no one ever knows. Wow, how did we get there?) Anyway, just want everyone to know I have kept the biggest secret ever! (And no it was not the ski slope! hehe!)

Next. I happen to be a tooth brusher. Teeth brusher. Brusher of teeth. Mine and other peoples. Namely those under 3 feet tall residing in my home. (Ok, sometimes Wayne is so tired he tries to get me to brush his, but really one has to draw the line, right?) Oh, and I occasionally brush my dogs' teeth. They love that. I will brush my teeth anytime of the day. I love the feeling of clean teeth. Over the last 8 years or so I have worked very hard at not being type A so i don't carry a toothbrush with me anymore, but have been known to do that. Well somewhere, I got a tube of this kind of toothpaste. Crest Pro-Health that is.

Sometimes I am a little out of tune as of late and discovered that there was a big problem when I was brushing my teeth tonight. As Wayne lay reading in bed (I think this is his least favorite time of day because I suddenly (seemingly) have his full attention so it takes him a half an hour to get through a page. I do feel bad about this and I tell myself to shut up and let the man read but I have this insatiable need to talk to him, to have some good quality adult conversation. ok, maybe not even conversation. I don't even really need him to talk back a lot-just a little, just glance my direction occasionally. Yes, I would prefer some lovely banter but one takes what one can get ok?) So I lean around the wall and--I am sure in a total dead spot in Wayne's book, he is reading The Da Vinci Code (That was high quality sarcasm meant for any of you who have read The Code.)--I say in total disgust, "Do you like this toothpaste?"

Complete patience and calm on his face even though I have interrupted him 12 times in 10 minutes. Sometimes the man amazes me. He shakes his head, "no." This stuff is gross! I mean vile. VILE. It's cinnamon flavor. I love cinnamon. Who doesn't like cinnamon? This is like old molded cinnamon caulk (or what I imagine caulk to taste like.) You know, the white sealant stuff around your bathtub that starts to peal nearly the moment you put it on? (Seriously they can't make a better solution? We can make a bomb, go to the moon, clone things-although thats kinda weird, but they can't make a better bathroom sealer? I don't know, I just think it's fishy.) Anyway this stuff is gross. I found tonight that I was measuring the plaque level with my tongue to determine if it was necessary to brush my teeth. THAT is what alerted me to the problem. I am slow, but I eventually catch on. I think I will use Allori's Diego Bubble Gum flavor Colgate until I can get to the store to replace mine. Eww!

We went to San Diego this last week and had a fabulous time. We saw family and friends and tanned at the beach, visited Legoland. I have lots of pictures to share so as soon as I upload those, I will do that as well as share more about our trip!

Jena and Juliana came to see us today. That was really fun. They are tired but otherwise look quite well. We were outside when they pulled up and as their dad was parking Jena started yelling, "I want mama!" We mostly played outside. It's funny, we seem to have the same conversations with their dad, only reversed, with us still asking if they are being good and the girls nodding yes but him now saying, "Jena, how many time outs (did) you have?"

He said he will bring them next week. It sounds like he plans to visit weekly. It's nice to see them! It's also interesting to hear them recount things. "Remember when we stayed at your house for lots of days...?" I remember Juliana. I will always remember.

2 comments:

KCordell said...

Hey Trisha,
You're funny. Tristan never likes pillow talk either. He is always trying to sleep and I'm still talking. Also, about that caulk problem I've notice that in bathrooms too. Tristan has informed me that's because when you use a water based product around water it ruins it. So he suggests using silicon caulk. It can be messy but stays in place better.

Trisha said...

Silicon you say? I never notice when it stays in place, only when it comes up. :) I will certainly go for the silicon variety when replacing! Thank you for the tip!