Friday, August 1, 2008

Going....Going....Gone.


Well, we have been preparing Jena and Juliana that they were going home to their Dad for a couple of months. I don't know that they get it, but they say they do of course. Today was the final day and 5 pm was the pick up time. So we had a little goodbye party. Jena cried about 15 times in the hour and a half she was home between school and when her dad got here-none of then had to do with leaving, just throwing little tantrums. You may think she was more upset than other days-no this was a normal day. There are lots of hour and a half time periods that she cries or tantrums that often. Super fun. We were still able to play and have fun and tried to help her keep her cool as much as possible. You never quite know whats going on in their minds. They don't seem to care that they are leaving. However, Jena who is now nighttime potty trained and has been daytime potty trained since February peed the bed last night and didn't think she needed to tell anyone. And at our "party" I heard some liquid hitting the floor coming from Jena's area, looked toward her and she was looking right toward me kind of bewildered as she continued to pee for about 90 seconds. I was beyond even reprimanding her at this point. (Marking her territory all over my house?)

We were able to get lots of fun tickles and cuddles in and then Dad arrived. I hugged and hugged the girls and wept. Jena turned to her Dad and said, "She's crying." Dad has been learning English very fast. He said. "She love you." I told them I was grateful I got to be their mommy and that I would always love them and I wept.

Then we loaded up the truck, loaded up the kids. Dad, Daddy Wayno and I talked some last minute things and the girls screamed that they loved me probably 30 times. I wanted to weep. I waved and waved and blew kisses and kisses and kisses.

I thought they would be sadder to leave Daddy Wayno. I am the one who was their disciplinarian. Wayno is a push over and they adore him. But I guess a mommy is always a mommy.

I will ALWAYS love you my babies.

(This picture is not the greatest, but I think is colorful and fun-Jena, Juliana, Allori)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Oh Trisha! I so feel for you. How wonderful that you were such a great support to dad. Now, let's just pray you don't see them come back.
Congrats!
Do you still have the little boy?