Monday, September 1, 2008

Connection

Ok, I normally wouldn't post a Happy Birthday to myself, but Wayne and I have had a "moment" that deserves to be shared and it the best Birthday gift ever! A little background.

There have been numerous times in the 5 + years that Wayne and I have been married that I have wondered and even in the heat of a moment asked him, "have you met me?" (LOL) thinking he should know me better than a circumstance seemed to show.

Our first year of marriage was bliss. We worked together and lived together, of course, and I think this allowed us to build a really strong bond. When I stopped working in order to stay home with the baby and we moved to Modesto and Wayne got a different job that he liked less, I still felt we were as close. But when we came back to his family business (and I did foresee and prophesy this happening) that changed. I think he feels bad about himself when he is around his family and that rubs on how he treats me. The move here was 3 years ago and more than half our marriage ago and I felt he suddenly forgot who I was, what I liked, what was important to me and of course you can imagine the things that would do to the close bond we had.

Well.....much to my surprise.....and this has never happened to us...EVER....twice this week we have had moments where we were either thinking the same thing at the same time, or he knew what I would want. Not something close, but exactly.

A couple of days ago I talked to him about something we needed to do and he had been thinking the same thing at the same time. A little thing, but thats never happened to US before. I have had that experience with lots of other people but never my husband. It felt HUGE!

And....today is my birthday. My sisters sent money to him as a surprise to take me out to a nice dinner or lunch. (So sweet!) I have talked about going to The Elephant Bar but we have not gone to this one. We went to the chain in Modesto, but we have lived here 3 years now and haven't gone to this one. There are several other restaurants I would also like to try here that we have not yet tried. So this morning he told me about the gift and asked where I would like to go and I chose The Elephant Bar. He smiled and said he told Tawni that I would probably want to go their. :) Yeah! He does know me! That feels like the best birthday present ever! Such small things, but when you feel like no one knows you....that feels like a HUGE thing, no?

I love my Wayno!

No comments: