Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Not yet, dear.

Last night I made a batch of Sparkling Strawberry Cranberry Jam. I love making not-your-usual jams. They are fabulous. both to the eye, and the taste buds. This one comes out the most beautiful bright sparkling red rose. I love the ruby color just about more than the jam, although the flavor is incredible.

We have 30 pounds of pears and 20 pound of peaches waiting on the counter to ripen. They look fabulous in their respective fruit bowls, punch bowls, whatever they would fit in. Allori asked about 10 times yesterday if the pears were ripe and even cried once because they were still not ripe. Thats how good they look. The watermelon, mango's, bananas, grapes and oranges that ARE ripe and ready for snacking on are apparently not sufficient. I can't blame the girl. We all want *some* things that we *can't* have, don't we?

(Blogs like these deserve pictures of the brilliant blushing heaven in a jar. Hopefully soon I will have a good digital and can supply such photos on demand. :) )

2 comments:

Heather said...

I have a great recipe for Pear Honey that my kids love, of your interested.

Trisha said...

Yes, please Heather! I would love it! Thank you!