Monday, July 27, 2009

Support and Bras

There are all kinds of support.

Boob support. Who is not a fan of this? This is the ONLY positive part of bras really. Ok, and that they don't knock ya out if you happen to have to run a step or two. But that's it. Those are the only two positive things. Men like it because it is easy on the eyes although we want to pretend no one is looking and women like it for self esteem due to the above mentioned reason. It's a cycle.

Customer Service Support. This comes in many forms, generally non english speaking as of late. This makes everyone happy. I am all for multi-lingual, would just prefer to understand the words being spoken to me. Picky...I know.

Support may also come in the forms of corroborating, sustaining and advocating to name a few.

But now I would like to talk about the kinds of support we have received in this difficult time. We have seen support in the form of food, prepared carefully to nourish our weary bodies. We have seen support in the form of kind words and endless prayers. We have seen support in phone calls and sometimes in the lack of phone calls, when people know we are too tired and too sad to give updates. We have seen support in keeping others updated for us, in taking our calls for us and sometimes returning them. We have seen support in chores done and children fed and lovingly put to bed in the first weeks when we were unavailable for those things. We have seen support when we have called in needs and have had them met nearly immediately. We have had tiny clothes and other gifts arrive in the mail with loving notes. We have felt support when we are spiritually uplifted and assured that our beautiful baby will make it out of this in a miraculous way.

I would never...could never have imagined the system of support that would pop up in our moment of need. Albuquerque has not felt like home to me in any way except in the people we have known. Still, I would never have expected or even thought we would be cared for so carefully and so lovingly. I cry as I type this because this touches my heart in a way I cannot express.

Thank you for being God's angels on earth. Thank you for your thoughtfulness and kindness. Thank you for making Cayde's difficult entry into this world a little easier and lot more loving. I have again been assured that Heavenly Father loves us and is thoughtful of our every need.

1 comment:

Whit said...

Your thoughts brought tears to my eyes. I wish there was even more we could do for you-like make everything all better. We love you and your family and pray for Cayde everyday. I can't wait until he's big enough for me to hold during Church!