Thursday, July 16, 2009

Cayde 9

Cayde was doing fantastically well. I suppose I was waiting for a big list of things wrong...but that never came. He was little and his lungs were not developed of course, but that's it...he was otherwise perfect and healthy. How is that possible? I kept asking myself and thanking God altogether.

On my way from recovery to my room in OB Special Care, my sweet nurse arranged to take me into the NICU briefly to see my little son. They rolled my bed right up to his...my emotions were all over the place. I asked in a very desperate voice if I could touch him. "Of course."

He was soo beautiful! I remember thinking that about Allori too. Each baby seemed so perfect, so tiny....Allori seemed tiny in all of her 6 lbs 11 oz. Cayde put a new meaning on tiny.

I was only able to be in there, near him for a couple of minutes. Everyone of them was perfect.

No comments: