Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Allori's phone book

A couple of days ago I noticed two pieces of paper on the computer desk. Both approximately the size of business cards, but noticeably cut by a child. ONe of them said "mom" and had my cell number on it. The other said "dad" and had his cell phone on it. I asked Wayne about them. She said Allori said she would like to have our phone numbers so she could call us when she needed to. Ok.hoguht that was reasonable. She often times talks to Wayne when he is at work or something, having been gone from home a long time. She doesn't talk to me much on the phone cause we are generally together. However, now that I have a baby in the hospital and I feel well enough to spend good quantities of time there, she has decided she misses me sometimes.

On Sunday she called me to ask why I had been gone so long. It made my day. Wayne told me she dialed my number alone, with him not even in the room that day.

The next day a new paper was on the computer desk. One larger sheet with both of our numbers on it. I guess she decided it was better to have them together.

This morning she decided she needed "grandma's number on there and aunties' numbers and other grandma and uncles'." Ok, So we started with a fresh sheet and I listed them all on there for her. The moment we were done she grabbed the phone and called Lori grandma, then she needed to talk to uncles so I suggested she call Auntie Tawni and ask for them. She dialed and went tot he kitchen to talk. When she returned only a few minutes later I asked if she talked to uncles. Exasperated she said, "No! She was too fast!" I guess she got off the phone too quickly and before Allori had completed her how are you's and did not get to ask for them. She wasn't so happy with that. LOL. She later asked for her cousin Lydia's to be put on the list (her best bud) and her new friends Hannah and Bethany.

She is 4. The calling starts already? So cute though. I love her!

(I have always had her talk on the phone to her grandma and aunties, etc. since we all live so far so the family ones name sense for sure. I guess she figured it's a good way to communicate. I found her "texting" on her play phone one day. too funny!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She can probably text better than I can. She is way too cute. Still no baby. by I have been having contractions most of the day, just nothing too painful or to close. DANG IT!!! Maybe tomorrow

Anonymous said...

how cute is that?! i need to come see you guys!!!