Thursday, July 2, 2009

Cayde 3

Friday, June 19, 2009

After 4 doses of one iv medicine failed to lower my quickly raising blood pressure, I was switched to another medicine. Three doses later and only a couple of points lower let the team of doctors know I was in trouble. They put me on an iv seizure medicine. Apparently that high of a high pressure can make you seize. The medicine was super fun and made me have blurry vision. My peripheral vision looked like a kaleidoscope. Although i guess I can't say how much of it was from the death headache and how much was from the seizure medicine. What I do know is that I had kaleidoscope vision on the sides, blurry as well as double vision everywhere else and the nurses kept leaving me in the dark (literally). They said that would help. It didn't help, it only annoyed me. (I am easily annoyed though, to be fair.)

Around this time, they had diagnosed me with Severe Pre-eclamsia and as I said, they felt I was in danger. Now it was time to determine how the baby was. His heart beat was strong and steady. Wayne and I constantly felt certain that the baby was ok and would continue to be ok. (A little voice somewhere wondered if we were simply thinking positively or had indeed been reassured by our Heavenly Father that all would be well.)

A sonogram told us several things. The baby weighed approximately 1 lb 11 oz. (Could a baby be born that little?...And be ok?) It told us that his blood flow was not ok. With my body in danger, there was a chance that they could hold off and try to find a way to keep me pregnant in order to protect the baby as long as possible. with the baby in danger as well, that option was taken away. It told us our son would be born over the coming weekend.

We were both filled with fear.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to make a point here. I still think the dr's should have caught your condition earlier and treated it and then you and you family would not have gone through this emotional roller coster. Just my thoughts on the whole thing. But everything said and done, your son is amazing! Strong! and Heavenly Father must have a big plan for him. I love you!!!

Lyndsey said...

Oh trish what a scary situation. so many babies are just fine when this happens but it doesn't make it less scary. good luck and you are in our prayers. keep the updates coming,you know between this situation and children at home :)

Mary said...

I just read your comment on The Pioneer Woman website and I wanted you to know that someone else is indeed praying for the health of your baby.

Trisha said...

Thank you Mary and everyone else for your prayers!