Saturday, September 5, 2009

4 large men


I have lots to be grateful for. I was especially grateful as I was in wal-mart today(where I avidly avoid these days for reasons of saving money and saving sanity) that I was not the man wrestling beneath 1000lbs of man power because he had tried to rip off a few bucks of things. A clear conscience and bruise free muscles, as well as the clear rap sheet seem much sweeter to me. (Seriously there were FOUR not very small, and I am being kind, men on top of one medium build very crazy out of control man. It was a little bit nutty.) But really, I was very glad i did not have 4 large men on top of me. Ouch!

I am also thankful that I have friends that I miss. I don't have a lot of time to be hanging out and doing cooking days and other fun things I would like to be doing but I am awfully thankful that I have friends that I love and who love me that I miss. How sad would life be if there were no one to miss?

I am thankful for preschool who has shown a shy little girl how to be a leader. On her second day of her second year it was like she was the old kid, the senior in the high school sort of thing. She was kicking a ball around with 4 boys and yelling out instructions to them. Ha! I loved it! I love her!

I am thankful for the hours I get to sit and hold/love/watch/touch/take care of my tiny little baby (who incidentally is growing at an incredibly fast rate! He is 5 lbs 3.5 oz now!)

I am thankful for a little boy who came into my life a year ago and gives me night-night kisses then when I leave the room throws George (his curious George monkey) on the floor every single night then gets sad and asks for George back. I love his beautiful smile.

I am thankful for a husband who loves me when I am sane and when I am wacky and when I am patient and when I am impatient (which is most of the time) and who NEVER yells at me, even when I probably deserve it, who rubs my achy back several times a week and is the most amazing dad. He is such a hard worker and so kind and good. I am thankful Heavenly Father gave him to me.

(I wrote this a week or two ago and thought I posted it....but I am still grateful these things! And that ugly cpap on Cayde's face....gone! now he is on the vapotherm which looks just like the nasal cannula but moistens and heats the air making it nice and fresh for his lungs. We have misplaced the camera cord so hopefully more pictures soon....? )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, freaky wal-mart story! cute army blanket for cayde. i miss our text messages.