Sunday, August 30, 2009

George

For Christmas this last year, we got Porter a Curious George Monkey (which I briefly wrote about) and my sister sent one to Allori. It was perfect. We could not have planned it better. And they are the cutest monkeys. Porter sleeps with his each night but goes through the nightly ritual of throwing him on the ground in anger, missing George then suckering me into picking him up and tucking him back into bed with Port.

Well Mom is tired of it. I am rather surprised that I let it go on this long really. (I am a rather strict parent if you hadn't picked up that, or if you don't know me well enough to know that.) So last night, I picked George up from his just-been-heaved-state, and put him on my shoulder and patted him to comfort him. This was of course a show for Porter to let him know it was not nice. For Heaven's sake! Porter's George has a crooked eye from being heaved so many times! I then explained it was not nice and he had hurt George's feeling's and George would be sleeping with mama tonight and we left.

Had we had earplugs in the house we may have used them, He was not happy with the new plan and had no reservations in letting us know. It took him a long time to go to sleep and I went in several times to re-explain why he did not get to have his George and hoped that my the next night he and Goerge could be reunited.

George was propped on a table in the living room while Wayne and I watched a movie last night and stayed there all night, happy I am sure to not be thrown needlessly against any heavy stationary objects. This morning after my bath I noticed George was gone. I asked Wayne and he had not moved George, so then I asked Port. He looked guilty so I told him to go get George. He went to his room and returned with George on his shoulder (like one would carry a baby) patting him softly and whispering sh...sh....sh....

Lesson learned. Lets hope it's remembered.

2 comments:

Summer said...

What a mean mommy! JK. I probably would have done something similar. I hope he enjoys his George now!

Unknown said...

Smart mom! I love it! And I am also glad it worked