Friday, March 6, 2009

Spendthrift

This morning I saw a sign that read like this:

Burial Services
Traditional $2995
Cremation $795

I have posted about this before. Wayne's family tradition is your traditional burial, including viewing which I can respect for them but stand adamantly opposed to it for myself. My families tradition is cremation. This is a silly reason to have to outlive the man but alas, one does what one must.

I have always known cremation was cheaper and this is always one of my arguments when the subject comes up. The sign made me see a bit more humor to it however. I thought it was funny they had a sign out advertising their prices. Maybe the economy is so bad people are too poor to die, I don't know.

Occasionally Wayne jokingly says I spend all of his money. I am quite frugal and in this case I also am trying to save him some money. I think this issue though may be pointing out a truth previously hidden.

You're just a spendthrift Wayne, a silly spendthrift.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You are too funny!

...not to mention all the land that those graves take up...

Natalie said...

"People are too poor to die" LOL

You make me laugh

The Justice Family said...

Hey Trisha! Thanks for the comment. Cremation is one thing that I have always wondered about. When it comes down to it our bodies will all be whole again. I didn't know I was going to make the choice between cremation or burial for someone else, especially so soon. I was unprepared. It is nice for sure that I have a place to go and remember her. Most of the world doesn't even know she exists and will never know, but I know her spirit lives on and she does exist.

I have been dieing to tell you congrats on the pregnany. I was unsure if people in the blog world knew about it so I held back. So congrats and you called the baby a she. Is that what you are thinking you are having or do you know? How are you feeling? I know with Allori you were really sick. Kristin also told me about Porter, that is exciting as well. I struggle with one, so I don't know how you have foster kids on top of your own. You must be very organized. I think having two will be interesting. Keep us updated on the pregnancy.