Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Um...your name again please...?

Today I got this email in my inbox:

Hi Trisha
Sorry this took so long to get to you. I would like it if you could feed my cats sat 7/5 and sun 7/6.

Lori has her brother staying @ her place this weekend. So he will take care of her cats. My cats don't know him so the would be freaked out if he did it.

I will leave directions on the counter

thanks again
Cat
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

Seems Kosher right? Yes, all except I only know one Catherine whom I would refer to as Cat and we do not live in the same state. I eamiled back something to this effect:

Cat-

I am happy to help you with your cats but perhaps we should start with introductions, you see I do not know who you are. Without that prior knowledge the message comes across as rather cryptic. Please advise.

Trisha

One time I received a series of messages (email) from an unknown that thought I was joking when I emailed her back to tell her that Iw ould not be bringing oranges to the soccer game and I was certain she had the wrong person. It happened to fall on the first of April and I guess she thought I was playing a joke. I wasn't. It took several messages and finally some blatant ignoring of her emails. I think she finally removed me from her address book. Odd. (The incident, not the removal of my address from her book.)

No comments: