Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday, birthday boy...

Josiah joined our family a few days ago. Maybe a week. Today he is a year old! He is a doll! He came with a stroller that he is used to being in. I think he spent most of his first year in that stroller. When he cries he goes to his stroller rather than looking for a person. I put the stroller away. Already he is starting to take a few steps on his own, and looks for me when he needs comfort. We are going to celebrate his birthday over the weekend when Wayne is home. We had some cupcakes today but will do presents and cake and everything later. :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Yea!
What is the plan for him?
Sorry to hear about your girls, but it sounds like it may be a good decision and a good place for the girls. I just hope Dad can communicate with them!

Trisha said...

Yes. He is learning English at a very quick speed so that is good. The only problem I see there is he won't see their manipulations, like their lies, etc. But alas, I am sure they will get into a good groove.

Josiah is here long term and I actually still don't even know his story in its completeness. The dad says he's not the dad and the mom abandoned him to someone else at 2 weeks old and that person raised him until now but he was removed from her home for reasons I do not yet know. I do know however that CYFD feels her chances of getting custody of him are slim to none. I should find out more soon. He is a sweetie.