Friday, June 27, 2008

I love this child.

Today was Allori's last day of her two week swim lesson course and for the most part, she has done very little for what they have asked her to do. Although week two was much better, she really would not let the teachers touch her, which meant not doing the floats and things like that, but she can hold her breath (with no hands) and go under water (which I think is pretty good for a 3 year old)-but the ability she has to be so stubborn and not do the other things is a bit frustrating. Well, I do not know what was different today, the last day of class, but suddenly she let Sarah, one of her teachers help her do the back float, repeatedly. YEAH! She went under water lots and did a few other things they asked and somehow graduated the class. Raising children is a strange and curious business.

The kids had a little party with the lifeguards to celebrate and get their certificates and in preparation I gave Allori some options of what she would like to bring as her contribution. She decided on Carrots and Ranch dressing and at the store we got a nice veggie tray. I could not believe how proud she was of her veggie tray. It was so funny to me. She wanted to carry it in and thats mostly what she ate (in fact, I am not sure she even ate anything else that the other kids brought (cookies, candies, fruits, etc.). When we left she asked, "Mommy, can I please carry my veggie tray?" LOL. This child is so funny. Yes, you can carry your veggie tray. I am so glad she is healthy. I had worked hard to ensure she is healthy and that she makes healthier choices than I have at times made and I LOVE that she LOVES her veggie tray! :)

Cute girl.

No comments: