Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Treacherous Fence

A few minutes ago my dogs alerted me that there was a visitor on the street. They wanted to play with him. They had a bit of a miscommunication, the dogs and the the meter reader guy, he thought they wanted to eat him. In order to avoid that, he climbed the 8 foot cement wall that lines the south side of my back yard and scaled the yard that way, all the while reading all accessible meters.

Well, I am sure just for my enjoyment, he is coming back down the street, other side this time and I see him through my front door, hike one leg up to go over the fence across the street. My first thought is-huh, I guess they don't really have trespassing rules for the meter guys, huh? Weird. l think then that there should be better technology for this meter reading...then I realize there is a problem-the first leg made it over the waist high fence but he seems to be snagged, leg two is a no go. His hand is trying find and undue the snag...it must be a tricky snag, right there on the top of the fence there on his shorts cause 10 seconds pass, then 20 and finally about 45 and when he finally frees his shorts, he opts to try a different fence. At least he learns quickly.

No comments: