Sunday, June 8, 2008

Misplaced?

....maybe some place that has cellars/basements. Not Utah. That is the most logical place-we know the most people there but I know we wouldn't be there forever, so it would only be a temporary stop and I really need to find a place to grow some roots. I thought this would be my root growing place, but no, it won't be. I'll be taking suggestions, but I need them to be creative please. I know the obvious suggestions and those likely won't work, although I would love to live next to my friends and family. If I could group them all together right on the beach with lots of green around, well then I would probably be in Heaven....well see you there someday. Also I plan for there to be Mango trees and Avocado trees galore. Yes, plentiful fruit trees and massages but no pain in the back, but still the enjoyment of the massage-ok I can dream alright. There will be blue skies, some clouds, even rain on occasion. I love a good rain storm. There won't be traffic or heat above say 80 degrees (and by the way even San Diego which has near perfect whether has hotter days than that.) There will be minimal fat, minimal addictions-meaning people will still get to have fun things they enjoy, like a plethora of chapstick or whatever (thus the mangos and avacados, hehe).

Anyway, back to where we will move. I will have to really pin down our goals and see when we will be moving. Thinking back the 2 1/2 + years we have been in Albuquerque have flown by, so even if it takes us that long to be ready to move, I suppose thats not too long, plus then it will be better to sell our house having owned it around 5 years. (Or maybe we rent it.)

When I was in college, I knew to the date when I would be finished. I figured and re figured and found classes that would not only count or double count but sometimes fulfill three requirements in the general education area so that by the end I was taking fluff classes in my major that were much more enjoyable to me. Some of the funnest ones were Japanese Calligraphy that I had with my very sweet friend, Makayla. It was quite therapuetic. Oddly I got "best handwriting" in that class. I think the only reason I still remember that is because I can't even write in English very well-seriously. (Was I misplaced? hehe) Well, I just don't have very nice handwriting anyway. Another, really fun one was a summertime month long sculpture class. Our first project was to sculpt something out of Styrofoam (so you started larger than you would end up and scraped away the parts you didn't want.) I made a giant Seashell. I loved that silly Shell.

So, yes we have some things to finish up here I think and then off we go.

So, any suggestions?

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Honolulu is the #1 place to raise a family! We've already had one friend (and their family) move and we are thinking about it! You just can't go through too much milk and you'll be good to go!

Trisha said...

Yes, wouldn't it be nice to live in beauty like that?