Saturday, June 7, 2008

Call of the..wild?

So I am feeling the call of a new home. My put my brothers on a plane to Chicago a couple of weeks ago and my parents were headed to the same destination about a week ago, all with one way tickets. My sister lives there. They moved here with us, so that wasn't the reason we came here...and it wouldn't be honest to say it wasn't a bit of a chore having them close by, but boy has it torn me up sending them off. I just plain miss them.

We came here (to Albuquerque) for Wayne's work which has become unstable. That's his families business. It has the potential to be a fantastic company but they make some detrimental management and financial errors so I/we fear it will only be a matter of time until it goes belly up.

I thought we would be planting roots here but this week I feel the urge to pack it up again and choose another new adventure. I would like to live somewhere pretty again. Albuquerque has been fine for us and I do enjoy our little house and feel incredibly blessed to have it...but I never felt like this was our forever home and maybe just maybe it will be a shorter stay than I thought. I really would love to live somewhere near water or somewhere green or ...both! (We have planted grass in our yard twice and have only spotty grass, the dirt/sand is so bad. Most people don't even bother with grass and just put in rocks here unless its a new subdivision and its sod.)

So I think we will hang out a couple more years and meet a couple more of our goals, do a few more things then choose a new place to explore. This pleases me for lots of reasons. I really don't want Allori going through the school system here. New Mexico isn't known for it's quality of education.

I asked Wayne today where he thought we might go and if he even felt similarly to me on this subject. He said, "Somewhere cooler (good, its generally cool by the water), somewhere with a maid (totally fine by me, that just means he needs a pretty good job I guess)...Hawaii." OK, so we are on the same page pretty much. I was thinking east, he is thinking way farther west than we have been before. I could go for that. More practically it would probably depend on where he got a job, but of course you can be selective about where you apply.

Hmmm....a couple of years is a looonnnggggg time to plan/dream/hope/wonder. But it gives me time to downsize and prepare I suppose.

No comments: