Friday, May 8, 2009

And the results are in.....

So I had my sonogram today....I told the technician what I have been telling everyone, "We think it's a girl. We won't be sad if it's a boy, we just think it's a girl."

Her reply: "Well I am glad you won't be sad cause it's boy."

huh.

"Are you sure....?" LOL

"Well let me get some more pictures..." (getting other views, other photos)

One of them popped up on the screen and All doubt faded. He is all boy. hehe. already looks like he has the Pehrson belly. The Pehrson bely is cute. Alori has it and Wayne has it. It's a nice belly...not like mine. LOL. I feel really excited. I think mostly because I hadn't really considered that he would in fact be a he. So it was a fun surprise.

When we had Allori I had everything ready. A lovely nursery, all the things I wanted and thought we needed. We had to stay in the hospital 2 full days cause of the Group B Strep. (FYI the Dr said there is a good Chance I will have that still or again if I had it last time. Good to know.) Then my sweet husband packed us up in the car. We must have thought of something we wanted right away as we were driving home. I can't remember what, I am thinking it was food. So Wayne dropped Allori and I off at home and went to the store. I remember standing in the living room, looking around and thinking, "well shoot...now what do I do with her?" She seemed too little to put in her crib and it seemed wrong to lay her on the floor on day 1. I needed to sit down. I think I tried laying her on a blanket on the floor and didn't like that so I ended up holding her in my comfy chair. I felt lost. I loved her, I was more in love than I ever thought possible, but I was lost too.

Today I feel a little bit similarly. What do I do with a boy? LOL.

I don't know why I feel that way, I have had 2 of them for nearly a year, so whats new? I don't know...but it is how I feel.

I have a name picked out but I am not sure I am in love with it and Wayne isn't...so I need to think more. There are three total that I like but none of them are for sures, so I need to find that one that is THE right one....I am such a planner I feel lost. A boy? But I had it all planned for a girl. LOL. Heavenly Father lke to play little tricks. He needs to have his fun too.

I will take name suggestions. I like not-usual, unique but not weird, strong good names. See, I don't ask for much. LOL.

5 comments:

Natalie said...

Porter
Jackson
Ridge
Reese
Payton
It's common, but I've always liked Gabriel
Cannon
Carson
Baylor
Stian
Bastian
Brenton
Ryland

Those are just some that I can think of from school...

Unless you want to go with some from LA-
Jose
Dimandre
Enrique
Jose
Miguel
Reggie
Did I mention Jose?
Too bad you aren't looking for girl names... those were more interesting! haha

Congrats!

Trisha said...

Hahaha....You are funny Natalie. I miss you! A couple of those are actually on my I like list. :) I don't think "Porter" will work as that is our other son's name. I guess I figure it will be good if they don't have the same name. heheheh. I know, I am kinda picky huh? Seriously though, you have great taste. I will consider several of them. Wayne likes Jose so thanks for that one. ;)

Danelle said...

Here are some from the preschool here...

Keaton
Preston
Ladd
Zachary
Tyler
Deegan
Ryelan
Tayden
Breckan
Brighton
Bridger
Thayne
Landon
Zane
Lincoln
Carter

Just don't name it Tucker, or anything that rhymes with that. Or Cooper because it rhymes with pooper. Or Renis (there really is someone here named that!) And try to avoid names like the poor little baby girl named Havoc...rude. Good luck with finding the right name.

Natalie said...

Ha- I totally forgot about Porter! (Not him, just his name.)
When do you guys finalize?? You haven't yet, have you? I don't think I've missed that...

Trisha said...

Thanks for the ideas guys, keep them coming. I keep reading over them to see what hits me.

Good advice Danelle. Definitely need to think about what it rhymes with. some people are nutty.

Natalie you have not missed the adoption, they are taking forever. March 10, at court they asked the judge to fast track it (should take 6 months so fast tracking assumably would speed it up, right?) Well at court on April twenty something, no fast track was mentioned, as if the whole last court was forgotten (Mar 10 had been a substitute judge, and apparently a waste of time.) Six months from march 10 would be Sep 10, my due date is Sep 20 so I assumed he would be adopted by the time the baby was here. Um..not looking like it. They were supposed to have filed the papers to terminate the MIA moms rights in between there and hadn't done that. The judge had to remind them about it. So now i wonder if it will even be this year. Amazing. They complain about the budget and spending soo much money but so long as he is a foster child, they send much more money out. Oh...if I ran the world.... lol