Tuesday, December 9, 2008

How about that?

Hmmm. Well, perhaps CYFD does do the right thing occasionally. (Nothing about this thought is intended to mean that children should not be removed from abusive or neglectful homes.) These two kids that got here Friday night went home to their dad today. Although CYFD says all (most) kids come in on a 48 hour hold I have not heard of any that went home that quickly until now. The mother was the one who was drunk driving, but stopped to brawl in the street wtih her sister. So pleasant. This 6 year old said her dad was at home, I wondered why she was not jsut taken home to her dad to begin with. Apparently the mother was so drunk she couldn't even tell them her husband was at home and could care for the children. Anyway, she was sooo excited when I told her she was goign to be with her dad. (She also said her mom was really mean but her dad was nice, he even lets her watch tv first and he will watch it second, after they watch their shows. lol)

Anyway, I have been really irritated with CYFD in days of recent so it is nice to see something work like it ought to.

And now I know I can handle 3 babies...you know if I ever had triplets or something.

No comments: