Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Betrayal

Okay, I thought I would give you a glimpse into my life. An incident happened tonight and Wayne and I looked at each other-not completely surprised, as it is a regular happening, or a good sampling rather for our home these days.

As a bit of background for my vast reading audience, Wayne and I have one Daughter, Allori. She is 3 and Fabulous. We decided some time ago it would be a good service to be foster parents. Thats the short of it obviously, we put considerably more thought into it and we have had two little ones with us now since August. There are moments of sweetness, and more moments of madness. I am not sure of it is simply the girls age or these girls situation.....

I have never claimed complete sanity and now that eludes me completely.

Back to our previously scheduled story....

Allori was standing right in front of Wayne who was sitting on the couch watching tv. They were conversing about some topic of import to a 3 year old when all of a sudden in my line of sight I see Jena about 4 feet away from them take off in an all out sprint. Arms are out! Legs and moving as fast as 2 year old wobbly hips will let them! There is no time for warning. There seems to be nothing on the other side of the room calling to her, its all happening so fast....and she is headed right for Allori. Allori is facing the other direction though...and Jena sprint's right into Allori! She is hoisted from the sheer force of it up into the air and over to the left about 2 feet! Allori in knocked clean down!

In the most betrayed voice, pointing at Allori she says, "A..llor...i!" As though she can't imagine how Allori could possibly have does this to her, knocked her down, betrayed her. Her voice says that she truly feels she had no part in this, she did no wrong. Keep in mind, the child was running of her own volition. She was looking forward, was looking AT ALLORI, ran right into her, then blames it on ALLORI!

Welcome to my life.

I need a vacation.

So does ALLORI! Poor babe!

(This story was somewhat humorous, most of them are not, the strangeness of the thought process is alarming. Sometime in the future perhaps I can share more of the ridiculousness. Please keep us in your prayers!)

No comments: