Sunday, November 16, 2008

You have mail

Ok, do you guys get these emails? You know the ones, right? The obviously personal email that is simply sent to the wrong address. I mean I know there are the junk mail messages that are made to look like kosher emails.I get them frequently. Too frequently I think. I don't think my name/email address is THAT common. Is it? Here is the email in it's entirety:


please take a this to Holly in apt. 4. she can't get her mailbox without it. I promised it friday but kat was sick. thank you vonetta

(attachment file named, "rental agreement.")


2 comments:

Natalie said...

OK, Trisha. Isn't this at least the second time this has happened to you? This has NEVER happened to me!!!
Maybe you need a new email address!
Although, I have sent an email to the wrong person before. Get this. I had a mom write down dad's email for our email list. So, I send an email out and this guy emails me back asking me to remove him and signs his name- the same name as the dad. I email back explaining who I am and that his wife wrote his email address down and asked if he still wanted to be removed. He emailed me back saying that he didn't have any kids, lived in some other state, and that yes he wanted to be removed. (This kid's parents are married and in the same state.)
Soooooo weird!!!

Trisha said...

Seriously! So weird about the dad you emailed. People are so odd.

This is the second time I have blogged abotu it but it has happened several other times to me. In Modesto I had a back and forth dialog with someone that consisted of like 7 emails. She emailed asking me to please bring Oranges to the soccer game. I emailed back and said that although I thought the oranges were a great idea, I did not have a child on the soccer team and would not be attending, nor did I know her. It happened to be near or around April Fools Day so she thought I was joking. It was pretty humorous for Wayne and I. She seriously did not believe me, even when I finally wrote and said, look I don't know you, stop emailing me-she responded with something like-you are such a goof, see you tomorrow. LOL.I assume she somehow figured it out. I wasn't sure what else to tell her, she absolutely did not believe me. I was trying to be polite and let her know she had the wrong person. Too funny.