Sunday, April 6, 2008

I write a lot of blogs....

as I am driving...and boy are they good. I just sketch them out in my head and I hope to get them here at some point....Its kind of like story boarding. Right now my life has taken on a new angle of chaos. We have a new foster daughter. This is always a new adjustment. It, like any new life thing takes some time to get into a groove with. When I was younger I was a serious early bird. You could not KEEP me in bed past 7. AND I was alert and awake all day. Now, I am a not a huge sleeper inner...but I am not so much an early bird. Allori and I usually are up by say 8ish. Mess with this and we are messing with the wave pattern, ya know what I mean? Well Wayne gets up at like 6:30 and he gets Juliana and Jena ready for school. I have generally made his lunch for him and set out the girls clothes and bathed them the night before, so the getting ready is or should be a fairly smooth process...

But I go to bed much later than Wayne. Well we mostly go into bed at the same time, but I read for hours some nights and he goes to sleep pretty quickly. So time wise it evens out ...sort of....

Well we have a new foster daughter, she is 17 and has an aversion to men (so did Jena and Juliana when they first got here) so that means I have to do all her "Stuff," meaning all her running around, etc. Well....just for fun, she gets to be at school at 7:25 in the am. That means we leave here at 7:00 in the am. This pains me. It really does. I do it, and I do it with a good attitude, because I think thats what a child of any age deserves, but between you and me, its painful for me. And I don't really like it. Its kinda messin' with my groove.

Anyway, its a bunch of driving, new driving, new appointments, new routines to get into, new teenage moodiness, new stuff to worry about and love and talk with her about. She really is a doll, but she really is a teenager. :) We were all there, we know how it was....we know da misery we put people through. lol.

I am worried about her education. And some other things. We will work it out. I am a fighter, I will advocate and help her get the things she needs to be successful. I don't think she gets it yet, but she is a part of my family. In fact I think I will go make her a lunch for tomorrow.

My husband says my signature email quote is old by now, but I still love it, so I would like to end this blog with it.

Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.
Vincent Van Gogh

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am glad she is fitting in to the family, teenage attitude and all! ((Hugs))

Anonymous said...

A 17-year-old huh? That's cool! What's her story?